Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween

When I was packing to come to Chile I didn't think I would need stuff for Halloween. That was actually one of the only reasons my kids were sad to come to Chile. Who doesn't love dressing up and begging for candy? We all kind of figured it was just another thing we would be skipping. But then one of the missionaries in our ward here put together a trunk or treat/Halloween party at the church and we suddenly needed costumes. The good news is that my dad happened to come right about that time and brought some of the essentials like candy corn and canned pumpkin. (Have I mentioned they don't have that here? Because they don't and it REALLY stinks.) He also brought a few costumes.

 Joseph is a power ranger, Paul is a ninja, the girls are fancy dancers, and Mando is a headless man carrying an incredibly large cheetah baby.

My dad chose this cheetah costume for Sam. The Chileans all went wild over him and I had a quite a few ask to take pictures of him.
I had zebra ears and a zebra tail but I blamed my kids for misplacing them only to find them the next day on a high shelf in a closet. Way higher than any kid can reach. My poor brain...
Luckily I always keep a spare cheetah sweater around. (And maybe a cheetah shirt and cheetah shoes...I have a slight problem.)
 

Can't you tell it was a fun night? Joseph being Joseph and Paul practicing his ninja moves.


 Izzy LOVES balloons. She is wearing a very Heidi-ish costume that Aunt Beth got from a dance studio sale. Becca is wearing another special find from Aunt Beth. Becca's has some lace fluffiness on the rear-end that makes her costume extra special. Thanks Beth.


It was a real ward party complete with the toilet paper mummy game.


Paul with his friend Fabian and later bobbing for apples.
 
 
The kids had a really fun time and most importantly felt like they had Halloween. Only like 5 people brought candy to the trunk or treat, but it was still plenty, especially because Papa brought us a few bags too!
 
 
We had the trunk or treat on the night before Halloween and then a little party at our house on the actual night of Halloween with a few friends. We had a gourmet spooky dinner.




Then the power went out right as the sun went down and stayed off for a few hours so it really felt like Halloween. We watched a movie on the ipad and wished we had a candle or flashlight, but it finally came on just in time to eat donuts from a string, which we all know is very important on Halloween. You can't get donuts just anywhere here, but they do have dunkin donuts with old, stale donuts in some malls.


Haha Paul is eating a pink donut. Haha Joseph likes the Dallas cowboys. 
 
 Oh there's my zebra ears! It was all Izzy's fault.
 
 Making rice krispy treat pumpkins with cereal that is like rice krispies on steroids.
 

Izzy having fun with Nestor. She has the most expressive eyes ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment