Sunday, November 17, 2013

Completos

The completo, Spanish for complete, is Chilean "fast food." There are no Burger Kings or McDonalds, except in a few Americanized areas in Santiago. The completo is a hot dog or some sort of diced mystery meat (run fast stray dogs...) with TONS of mayonnaise, avocado (palta), and tomato. There are completo stands everywhere, but someone told Mando this one was the best so we tried it out. I skipped the mayo and it actually wasn't bad.
 Honestly one of the biggest challenges in Chile has been that we have to drive a ways to get anywhere and there is never any food that the kids will eat. I am constantly packing granola bars, fruit and water bottles to keep them from starving until we get home. Mando and I were okay with these completos but the kids basically just ate the hot dog out of the middle and drank the pap soda.

 My completo minus mayo.
 
File:Completo italiano.jpg
I got this off the internet to show you what I mean by a LOT of mayonnaise.

 Doesn't Joseph look excited? He hates trying new food and gets skinnier every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment