Monday, October 21, 2013

Horse Round-up

There were about 50 half wild horses in the open fields around our house. The horses were part of the property when the company purchased it a few years ago and nobody has done much with them since. They have started working the ground in front of our house so these guys herded the horses into the hills behind our house to get them out of the way. Mando and Neto were excited to have a reason to ride a horse instead of sit in an office.

Mando is third from the right and Neto is on the far right.

 Paul feeling awesome on Mando's horse.
 
This guy has worked on the property for a long time and knows all the hills. I think he's some sort of horse expert too. He's wearing the typical Chilean cowboy getup which includes a rustic poncho and a flat brimmed hat.
 
I didn't get pictures of the actual roundup because I was busy making my kids learn times tables or something. Mando said it wasn't much of a roundup because the horses saw them coming and took off. When I am ambitious enough to walk across the yard with my camera I will take some pictures of the horse herd to post. I don't know the breed but they are huge and all sorts of different colors. There are quite a few colts in the herd that are fun to watch too.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment